Our range of services includes primarily:
- valuation, including valuation of an enterprise and its assets, Purchase Price Allocation, Fairness Opinion, or support in creating financial and operating models supporting decision making processes
- transaction advisory related to ownership transformation, including the purchase and sale of business, as well as post-trade support with respect to integration
- strategic advisory, including support in developing of strategies, business plans, acquiring and optimizing financing, drawing up corporate documents, such as investor presentations.
Advisory in the area of Corporate Finance often requires collaboration with tax experts, lawyers, accountants and other specialists, whose support may be the key factor to ensure project success. Baker Tilly TPA provides a broad access to specialized, interdisciplinary knowledge and expertise of our professionals from various departments and know-how and experience brought to you by the network of Baker Tilly International offices.
The Baker Tilly TPA offering is based on classical research and decision-making tools including, among others, strategic, operational and financial analysis. Advisory products and programs on our offer have been developed using these basic tools and enhanced with specific consulting instruments and the expertise of our teams in order to meet the needs and expectations of our Clients and provide successful and efficient business solutions.
Valuation combines art and science, with intuition being just as important as diligence and insight. Our Polish and foreign clients – including investment funds – have had an opportunity to see it for themselves many times.
Our services include:
- valuation of businesses, shares and intellectual property rights
- providing support to closed-end investment funds (valuation of non-public assets for transactions and Polish Financial Supervision Authority (KNF) reports
- Fairness Opinion
- financial models for the needs of the company
- financial and operational forecasts for entrepreneurs
- Purchase Price Allocation
- valuation of financial instruments, evaluation of their actual and potential use in the company’s financial strategy and hedge accounting
- verification of valuations performed by other specialists.
When valuing a business, we use methods similar to those used by specialists all over the world; the secret rests in how we use them.
There is no single pattern that might be applied to all types of business activities. We always treat every business which is to be sold or acquired by the Client as if we were determining how much can be gained from the sale or how much needs to be paid for the purchase for our own purposes. This means that the majority of time needed to carry out a project is intended for understanding the nature and specificity of the enterprise being valued.
Our team consists of registered auditors and certified financial analysts, experienced in working for Polish and foreign investors, family-owned businesses as well as financial institutions – including investment funds.
Merger and acquisition support
One of the basic criteria of running business activities efficiently is a successive growth of the business value. This goal is often achieved be means of mergers and acquisitions, which means that carrying out transactions in an optimal way is of key importance.
Securing risk, proper strategy and assessment of the transaction value are the key factors determining whether such an undertaking is successful. The ultimate success of the process to a large extent also depends on the quality of the collected information as well as taking appropriate post-trade actions in terms of system or infrastructure integration.
Involving independent experts entails numerous benefits of methodology that has proven itself time and time again and of various project experiences. The Baker TillyTPA Transaction Advisory Team is well prepared to play the leading role at each important stage of the transaction.
Our objective is to support our Client in the transaction in such a way as to ensure the highest added value.
Our range of services includes, among others:
- financial and tax due diligence
- valuation of business, trademarks and financial instruments
- tax- and accounting-wise transaction structuring, maximizing the transaction value.
Additionally, we provide:
- support in negotiations
- advisory in the area of post-trade integration, including support in reporting
- periodical monitoring of goals defined in the restructuring process
- strategic financial advisory, related, among others, to business development planning in terms of quantity and quality.
Our corporate finance team combines knowledge and experience of advisors in the area of finance, taxes and management. We also cooperate with experts in other TPA Poland’s fields of specialization, who can provide solutions and services in the area of accounting outsourcing, personnel consulting and payroll administration. We closely cooperate with legal advisors.
In the case of cross-border transactions, we cooperate with other companies of the TPA Group and Baker Tilly International network, applying a uniform methodology developed by our experts.
Financial due diligence
Our methodology for planning and conducting due diligence projects aims at maximizing cost-effectiveness while ensuring an optimal range of risk identification and measurement.
The financial part of due diligence is conducted in accordance with recognized international standards. The scope of the due diligence review includes:
- identifying core business risks (the so-called deal breakers)
- EBITDA analysis for cash flow projections
- analysis of operating activity in terms of revenues and expenses
- review of balance sheet and off-balance sheet liabilities
- working capital analysis
- analysis of the material agreements entered into by transferee companies
- discussion of tax settlements of transferee companies.
The result of our work is a report providing a description of various areas of due diligence review with a summary of the significant risks and a set of detailed financial information.
Baker Tilly TPA offers solutions covering strategic financial advisory, obtaining and optimizing financing, as well as support in drawing up corporate documents, such as development strategies or investor presentations. Our services allow our Clients to make educated decisions on financing of their business. Thanks to our substantial knowledge and experience of our team, we endeavor to maximize the value of our Clients’ enterprises by offering:
- support in drawing up and verifying business plans and development strategies
- support in the process of obtaining financing
- optimization of the financing structure
- economical and financial analyses of enterprises
- drawing up corporate documents (memoranda, development strategies, investor presentations)
- business restructuring
- feasibility studies.
Our corporate finance team combines knowledge and experience of advisors in the area of finance, taxes and management. We also cooperate with experts in other TPA Poland’s fields of specialization, who provide legal solutions and services, as well as with Baker Tilly Woroszylska Legal’s lawyers, who provide comprehensive legal services. In the case of cross-border transactions, we cooperate with other companies of the TPA Group and Baker Tilly International network, applying a uniform methodology developed by our experts.
Our team consists of registered auditors and certified financial analysts, experienced in working for Polish and foreign investors, family-owned businesses as well as financial institutions.